Dr. Saumya Prasad
Dr. Saumya Prasad
Consultant, Matritava Advanced IVF & training centre, Delhi
Fellowship and Diploma in Minimal Access Surgery from World Laparoscopy
- Certified in Operative Hysteroscopy
- Certified in Basic Robotic surgery
- ICOG (Indian College of Obstetrics and Gynaecology) certification in Reproductive Medicine
- Cleared MRCOG part 1
- Master of Surgery (M.S.) Obstetrics & Gynecology – Dept of Obstetrics & Gynecology VMMC and Safdarjung Hospital, New Delhi
- Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (M.B.B.S.) – Vardhman Mahavir Medical College and Safdarjung Hospital, New Delhi
- Done emergency duties which included doing independent laparotomy for ectopic tubal pregnancies, independent cesarean sections for previous C. sections, placenta previa, cord prolapsed, twin pregnancies, etc.
- Performed more than 1000 cesarean sections independently
- Conducted vaginal deliveries for twins, breech, previous c section, etc.
- Management of Ob-Gynae patients in high dependent unit like pre-eclampsia, eclampsia, DVT, pulmonary embolism, DIC, ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome, liver disease in pregnancy, etc.
- Assisted and done under supervision- abdominal and vaginal hysterectomies, rectocele and cystocele repairs.
- Performed salpingectomies, adhesiolysis, ovarian cystectomies, removal of benign ovarian tumors.
- Treatment of endometriosis
- Medical termination of pregnancy
- Inserted more than 200 copper T and done more than 50 ligations
- Infertility management, ovulation induction
- Done more than 600 independent oocyte pick ups and embryo transfer
- More than 1000 intrauterine insemination
- Andrology lab experience
- Done more than 100 office hysteroscopy
- Expert in transvaginal ultrasound for assessing uterine pathology, for follicular monitoring both in 2-D and 3-D USG.
Previous Posts Held
- Assistant Professor - Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology Safdarjung Hospital, New Delhi (Nov 2020 - August 2021)
- Consultant - Matritava Advanced IVF & training Centre, Vasant Vihar, New Delhi (Jan 2020- September 2020)
- Senior Resident - IVF & Reproductive and Biology Centre, Obstetrics & Gynaecology Department, Maulana Azad Medical College, Delhi (December 2016-December 2019)
- Senior Resident - Vardhman Mahavir Medical College and Safdarjung Hospital, New Delhi (September 2016- December 2016)
- Prasad S, Marwah S. Journal scan.AOGD bulletin volume 21; issue 1
- Prasad S, M Pratima, B Rekha, S Rekha. Correlation of vitamin D and parathyroid hormone with insulin resistance in PCOS women. International Journal of Clinical and Obstetrics and Gynaecology. 2020 4(2), 348-352
- Prasad S, Rao SN, Prasad S. Effect of modifiable risk factors on semen parameters. Fertility Science and Research. 2019 Jan 1;6(1):10.
- Prasad S, Prasad S. A pilot study on effect of autologous platelet-rich plasma on refractory thin endometrium in frozen embryo transfer cycle. Fertil Sci Res 2020;0:0.
- Prasad S, Suri J, Pruthi N, Mittal P. Rare Case of Giant Acrochordon of Vulva. J South Asian Feder Obst Gynae 2018;10(1):72-73
- Prasad S, Bassi R, Kumar Y, Kumar A, Prasad S. Treatment options of endometriosis prior to in vitro fertilization/intracytoplasmic sperm injection cycles to improve conception rate. Taiwan J Obstet Gynecol. 2015 Jun 1;54(3):316-8.
- Controversies in Adoloscent PCOS in AOGD Bulletin issue 1 volume 15
- Challenges faced in IVF in low resource set up in AOGD Bulletin Issue 2 volume 15 2018
- Case report on “Abdomino-pelvc mass in postmenopausal female: A diagnostic dilemma” in International Journal of Reproduction, Contraception, Obstetrics and Gynaecology Volume 5, Issue 8, 2016
- Prasad S, Kumar Y, Nayar P, Prasad S, Sharma G. A prospective study to assess the mental health and quality of life in women undergoing assisted reproduction. Fertility Science and Research. 2017 Jul 1;4(2):117.
- Kumar Y, Prasad S, Khan MA, Husain SA, Prasad S, Sharma S. Ovarian interleukin profile and pregnancy outcome in women undergoing assisted reproduction: A prospective study. Fertility Science and Research. 2017 Jul 1;4(2):93.
- Oral presentation on “Study the association of progesterone level with pregnancy outcome in IVF/ET cycle” in 57TH AICOG 2014, Patna.
- Oral presentation on” Prevalence and determinants of depression in PCOS” in 4TH National conference in Gynae Endocrinology; GESICON 2014.
- Oral presentation in Annual Conference of Indian Association of Gynaecological Endoscopy; IAGE MISCON 2014 on “An interesting case on labial varicosity in Pregnancy.
- Oral presentation at 10th Annual National conference of Indian Fertility society
- Oral Presentation on “Knowledge, attitude and practice in breast feeding in ANC patients in tertiary care Centre” in NARCHI 2014
- Poster presentation on “Can insulin resistance be predicted by vitamin D deficiency in PCOS” in FERTIVISION 2015, Pune; won 2nd prize.
- Poster presentation on “PCOS- clinical and biochemical correlation with vitamin D in PCOS” in FIGO 2015, Vancouver, Canada
- Oral paper selected for IFFS World Congress 2016 on “Epidemiological trend in infertility in tertiary care centre”.
- Poster presentation- won 3rd prize in ART update, Kasauli 2017
- Oral paper presentation on “Rare case of successful pregnancy in pure XY gonadal dysgenesis. In FOGSI FIGO 2017